"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." (Albert Einstein)

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I Miss My Time With You!

This is a favorite song of mine.
It never fails to move me everytime I hear it!
This song is a dialogue between God & a person.
The person speaks in the 1st & 2nd stanzas.
God speaks in the chorus.

God says in His Word:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:11-13)

I Miss My Time With You!
by Larnelle Harris

There He was just waiting
In our old familiar place
An empty spot beside Him
Where once I used to wait
To be filled with strength and wisdom
For the battles of the day
I would have passed Him by again
If I didn't hear Him say...

CHORUS:
I miss My time with you
Those moments together
I need to be with you each day
But it hurts Me when you say
You're too busy
Too busy trying to serve Me
But how can you serve Me
When your spirit's empty
There's a longing in My heart
Wanting more than just a part of you
It's true
I miss My time with you

What will I have to offer
How can I truly care
My efforts have no meaning
When Your presence isn't there
But You'll provide the power
If I take time to pray
I'll stay right here beside You
And You'll never have to say...

(Repeat CHORUS 2x)
It's true
I miss My time with you

9 comments:

Jayred said...

Nice lyrics...parang for me ata a.
Too bad there is something wrong with my PC...I can't hear the music. Will try later.

Thanks for your messages on W.W.C.D. and X-Pat Files. Nice to know you have a Blogger account na.

God bless!

scanns said...

Hi Jayred! Welcome back from your trip! Good to see you here! Get well soon! When you're ok, I'm sure you'll have more stories to tell!

Glad you liked it! I guess we can identify to this song at some points in our lives, when we really need to reconnect w/the Lord (to recharge)!

I'm trying to put a media player here. Anyone who knows how? For now, when you click it, the song's downloaded on the PC. Do tell me if you already have access to it! Hope it's soon so the music would complete the "experience"! God bless! :)

rose said...

i found that experiencing the presence of the Holy Spirit does not really necessitate bended knees or a prostrate form....I find that regardless of where I am or what I'm doing, an instanteous cry to the Lord from a broken and contrite heart instantly connects to that spirit-energizing presence/power of His. Times with the Lord are the best!!! I wonder why so many deprive themselves of this FREE ultimate spa for the spirit!

Atinna said...

oi, ole mangit walang ngomment mox nun sa mango mong mlog? langyan mo naman.

scanns said...

ei oLE,

AMEN to that!!! Yesterday, I went to Him for that "FREE ultimate spa for the spirit"! ;)

from,
Trufa

scanns said...

ei atinnafa, miss na kita dito a! di ko alam kung nadadalaw ka, coz I don't hear from you here! kumusta ka na? were you able to hear the song on this post? hope you were able to! God bless! :)

rose said...

ei badaday,

reflect on this while we're at the topic, isn't this a beauty? okey, i'm over with investigating scientology and is now into mysticism - I think St. Augustine was one of them:

"O Lord, do I love Thee. Thou didst strike on my heart with Thy word and I loved Thee.... But what do I love when I love Thee? Not the beauty of bodies nor the loveliness of seasons, nor the radiance of the light around us, so gladsome to our eyes, nor the sweet melodies of songs of every kind, nor the fragrance of flowers and ointments and spices, nor manna and honey, nor limbs delectable for fleshly embraces. I do not love these things when I love my God. And yet I love a light and a voice and a fragrance and a food and an embrace when I love my God, who is a light, a voice, a fragrance, a food, and an embrace to my inner man.... This it is that I love when I love my God... "

ole said...

continuation...ganda eh.

That same voice speaks indeed to all men, but only they understand it who join that voice, heard from outside, to the truth that is within them. And the truth says to me: "Neither heaven nor earth nor any body is thy God." Their own nature says the same They see that the substance of a part is less than that of the whole. And now I speak to thee, my soul. Thou art my greater part, since thou quickenest the substance of my body by giving to it life, which no body can give to a body. And thy God is the life of thy life to thee....

Late have I loved Thee, O Beauty so ancient and so new! Too late have I loved Thee. And lo, Thou wert inside me and I outside, and I sought for Thee there, and in all my unsightliness I flung myself on those beautiful things which Thou hast made. Thou wert with me and I was not with Thee. Those beauties kept me away from Thee, though if they had not been in Thee, they would not have been at all. Thou didst call and cry to me and break down my deafness. Thou didst flash and shine on me and put my blindness to flight. Thou didst blow fragrance upon me and I drew breath, and now I pant after Thee. I tasted of Thee and now I hunger and thirst for Thee. Thou didst touch me and I am aflame for Thy peace...."

scanns said...

oLE, ganda nga yan! sa uulitin! I also saw this from St. Augustine's prayer in "Confessions" 10.26.37: "Your best servants are those who look not so much to hear from You what they want to hear, but rather to want what they hear from You." True, ain't it? :)